Thursday, August 20, 2009

(Photo disclosure: Carson would not sit still. This is the best picture out of about 20...)
I am a mover and a shaker! I crawl fast and love to climb up on everything. I am even standing on my own for a few seconds. I’ve just started to open cabinets and like to pull everything out. I also think it is really fun to pull all the books off of my bookshelf. Whenever I am down stairs I crawl as fast as I can to the stairs and start going up. Mom or Dad ends up coming right after me. It is a really fun game. They seem to think that I might get hurt and fall down the stairs if they are not there. I’ve only fallen once so far and it was just a few steps. Mom says I am fearless! I’ve started to get a little clingy to Mom. I want her to hold me most of the time. She complains that she can’t get anything done during the day because I need constant attention. I can’t help it though, because I’m just a baby! I have gotten a lot more adventurous with food. I want to eat whatever the grown-ups are eating. Lately I don’t even want to eat my baby food, I only want big kid food. I love eating lunch meat, cheerios, cut up fruit, and rice. My few favorite thing to eat is graham crackers. When Mom gives me one it will keep me quite for 20 minutes. Since all of the summer trips are over Mom and Dad have finally been able to put me on a sleep schedule. I wake up around 6:45, then a take a morning nap from 9:30-10:30. I take my afternoon nap from 2:00-3:30. I start my bed time routine at 7:30, which consists of a bath, then cuddle time and nursing. I am asleep before 8:00. This is the “perfect day schedule”. The waking up and going to bed always happen this way, but the naps are still a struggle. Sometimes they are too short so Mom ends up giving me a late afternoon nap. Sometimes I cry through my nap and miss it all together. Mom and Dad no longer rock me to sleep or come into my room when I cry. It was really hard at first, but is a lot better now. Sometimes I don’t cry at all when I am put down. I usually cry for 5-10 minutes and then go to sleep. Mom hopes that I will master this soon. It is exhausting to both of us to hear me cry and cry. I am getting much more social. I love playing with other kids, especially toddlers. I love going to the playground to play and watch all the kids play. I have so much fun crawling and climbing on them. I can’t wait to be a big kid like them!