Friday, August 14, 2009

Mom's in charge now!



Sleep scheduling...how is it going you might ask? Sometimes he only whimpers for a second when I put him down and I think, yes, I've done it!! Look at me, Carson knows how to put himself to sleep now, yippy! Then all the sudden after a few successful naps in a row I go to put him down and he cries for 40 minutes before finally conking out. To make a long story short, we are still working on it. It is getting better, but we are not there yet. He is a very stubborn kid. When the crying goes on and on I put earphones on and go on the treadmill, otherwise I wouldn't make it. I do have to say it is very liberating to know that when I put him down that is it and I don't have to keep going in there to comfort him and try to get him back to sleep. I had had enough- There is only so much a mom can take. To all the moms/moms-to-be out there here is the best advice I can give you. The only book you have to read is Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I went through a plethora of books before I learned this. You're welcome

4 comments:

Amanda P said...

Leah, we also have loved that book. I definitely think you are doing the right thing! I agree, very liberating.

Amanda said...

ah yes, that was one of the first books i bought after katherine was born.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

oohhhh, I should have told you about this book sooner. It SAVED me as a mom! Glad Carson is catching on . . . and you're getting some sanity back.

Amanda said...

silly leah, we are coming for lauras farewell! brian, annie, cody, chelsea and i are all flying in together! i cant wait to see you guys! oh and happy birthday! your email is coming soon :)