Thursday, August 6, 2009

Campin' With the Ladies!

This week 6 of us girls packed up our 16 kids and went camping. That's right- tents, sleeping bags, camp fires- the whole 9 yards- all without the help of men. We camped at a KOA not too far from home. I'd never been to a KOA before. It was pretty fancy as far as camp sites go. Showers, a pool, clean bathrooms. They even had cool blow-up jumpy thing for the kids. We all had a great time. I think it will become a yearly tradition. Carson loved camping. He crawled around in the dirt most of the time. The big kids were great at entertaining him and making him laugh. He slept in the Pack-in-Play in my tent, with me on the air mattress. He slept a lot better then I thought he would. My trips are now done until the end of September, thank goodness! Carson's sleep schedule starts tomorrow, which means crying out for naps and bedtime. I'll let you all know how it goes. Wish me (and him) luck!
Carson's dirty back
Ty and Carson I turned on Baby Einstein for Carson and all the kids gathered around
Us at the camp fire
Anissa and Derek at the camp fire The kids playing Red Rover on the bouncy thing

4 comments:

Genters said...

How did I know you would be the first to post. You're awesome. Such fun!!!!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

OK, now that is BRAVE in my opinion. Glad you all had such a good time!

Good luck with the crying it out. It's totally worth it!

Our Carlson Family said...

Wow! Looks like it was a lot of fun! You're blog is awesome Leah, I think I'll take you up on your offer sometime to teach me a few tricks. Oh, and good luck with the sleep schedule.

Aleena said...

Looks like a fun trip!