Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It was a beautiful day!

After more than a year of waiting it finally came. I went to U2 last night and it was awesome! If you remember a few of my sisters were going to fly/drive here last June for a sisters weekend/U2 concert, but the concert got cancelled because Bono had to have back surgery. None of my sisters were able to make it this time around which was sad, but I was able to go with my friend Leah (same name crazy I know) and we had a blast. It was great to go with a fello U2 lover. One of my favorite things to do is go to concerts and out of all the concerts I've been to this was the one I was the most excited about.

It was a little stressful because Luke will not take a bottle and I was worried he would starve so Steve drove us down and I nursed Luke the second before we went into the coliseum. Steve said Luke did fine and wasn't hungry at all which was a relief.

The concert was amazing, no surprise there. I am more of a fan of smaller venues with less popular bands for the most part, but the cool thing about a band this huge is the stage/lights/pyrotechnics, etc. were incredible. Lenny Kravitz opened and he rocked.

It is so wonderful going to a concert where you love every song and are exciting and jumping around the whole time. I have so many memories that are connected to U2 songs. When they played "The Streets Have No Name" I felt like I was in Rattle and hum =). It was really cool to be in the stadium with 60,000 other U2 fans where everyone was singing and dancing along.


Lenny




Anyway, it rocked. I loved it. It was nice taking a Mommy break and feeling like a real person again. Thanks Steve for watching the boys and braving a hungry baby!

4 comments:

annieq84 said...

Oh my gosh I am so jealous of you! What a neat time for you to have away from the kids! Gage was about 4 months old when me and Cody went to a 30 seconds to Mars concert and it made me feel like such a real person again! Hope you said hi to Bono for me!

Carolyn said...

Of all the times (5) I've seen them Denver a few weeks ago was BY FAR the best ever! One of these days we'll have to go together.

Jackie said...

Yay Leah! So glad you were finally able to go! They are so amazing and your post makes me want to see them again!

The Skeehan Family said...

that looks incredible! so glad you were finally able to go my friend.