Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fires in La Canada

I've had a lot of phone calls and emails asking if my family is alright and if they had to be evacuated. They didn't and they are safe. They live further down the foothills. Scary though how close this fire is to them. Thank goodness that the Santa Ana's aren't blowing. If they were I don't think any of La Canada would still be there. The fire is moving more towards La Cresenta now. My mom said it hurts to breath and their eyes sting and burn all day long. Lets all hope that they get this fire under control soon and that the fire fighters and those who's homes are threatened are safe. NASA's JPL a half mile from my parent's house.

Can you imagine having this big, beautiful house with flames right in your back yard?

3 comments:

Laurel said...

La Canda huh? haha! Glad to hear that your family is ok, I had been wondering. We're definitely hoping they get it under control soon.

Aleena said...

Wow! Awesome but scary pics of the fire! I'm glad your family is safe!

andrea said...

I seriously can't believe that. It is so sad. How are you doing anyway Leah!? I keep meaning to tell you that I talked to Becky about the family photos, I will totally take them. Becky was just worried that Regan wouldn't be there so we'll see. As of now we are planning to come, but we'll know for sure in a week or so.