Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Now introducing Amelie Jane Facer

Becky gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Amelie Jane (like Emily but Am sound instead of Em) 8 lbs, 2 oz yesterday at 3:11 pm. She woke up that morning with small contractions. She had a appointment with her doctor later that afternoon at 12:30 and she was 5-6 cm! He told her to go straight over to labor and delivery. She made Mom and I take her to Quiznos first for a sandwich, funny girl. I ran the boys home and got a few things then drove back to the hospital. While I was parking my car my Mom called and said that I've got to hurry because she's at a 9! Becky was at a 9 for an hour. The nurse kept asking her if she felt like pushing and she didn't. The doctor finally came in and broke her water, then 10 minutes later that baby was out. Becky was amazing. She wanted to have at least one baby naturally and she accomplished that. She said she's glad she did it, but will never go without an epideral again. I can't imagine transition lasting that long... Ouch. When they broke her water there was meconium in the fluid so they had to get that baby out fast. Pushing a baby out without drugs in 10 minutes is something I never want to experience. I am so proud of my sister. She rocked this birth!! I feel so blessed that I got to be a part of the birth and am excited about the newest addition to the Kelley/Facer family!





I decided to just go ahead and drive home last night. I was pretty good. Carson slept most of the way and I never had to stop. La Canada-Fairfield in 4 hours 50 minutes is pretty darn good!

5 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Soooo great to have you there part of the whole wonderful day.
Mom

Leesee said...

She is adorable! I love her name! How fun you got to be there.

Amanda said...

epidermal? LOL.
i'm glad you got to be there for becky! what a beautiful little girl! she definitely looks like a facer!

Aleena said...

Wow you and your sister sure have a strong family resemblance! I love new babies! So cute and what a pretty name. Congrats!

andrea said...

You are the best at updating! I knew I could count on you for some pictures! She is absolutely beautiful, and I am so proud of Becky too!! I had Cambria without an epidural but she weighed half what Amelie weighs! Go becks!