Monday, September 7, 2009

The newest addition to the Bonner family.


And no, it is not a baby. I got an incredible new street bike. That's right, I am now one of those bikers who thinks they are a car. I've been doing spin classes at the gym for the past few years and finally decided to take it outside. A friend of mine who is an avid biker bought a new bike and sold me hers. She and her husband usually do a 28 mile loop a few times a week, but I'm not ready for that yet. For the past two weeks I've been doing a 16 mile loop from my house to Lake Herman. I am slowly working up to the big one. I'll let you know when I get there. Man, what a workout! When I get home I have a hard time walking up my stairs. I've only fallen once so far. I have the click in shoes and you have to be really careful to un-click before stopping. This morning I only un-clicked one shoe and ended up falling over on the side where I hadn't unclicked yet. Anyways, it really hurt... I'll survive... I guess. Thanks Steve for watching Carson so I can get out and ride a few times a week.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

That's awesome Leah! I have to admit that I sorta chuckled at the thought of you gently falling over. So are you going to get all hardcore and deck yourself out in spandex?

3D BROWS ACADEMY said...

im jealous i so want to start that.... what a great way to get in shape!!!!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

ooooh, I'm jealous! Love the bike!

Aleena said...

I'm very impressed! Way to go Leah!

Dennis Ballard said...

What a great idea! Biking is fun!
A girl named Lisa Webb took our pictures. I don't know her. I just saw some of her work on her website and wanted her to take ours. I love how they turned out. Hope you are doing well! :)