Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Utah Trip

I am currently staying with my sister Regan in her darling new house. Her and her husband Pete and bought a turn of the century home in Sugar House (part of Salt Lake). It has beautiful, rich moldings and the original doors and knobs.




Sugar House is such a neat area. All the houses are old and have so much personality. It makes me sad that my home is so generic. I guess that is what you get in a subdivision in California, oh well. It's been a fun trip. Almost all of my family (everyone but Steve, poor Steve) was here this weekend. My parents drove Chelsea up to BYU to start school and Annie and Cody and Brian and Amanda drove down from Idaho. On Saturday we had the opportunity to go with my sister Laura to the Salt Lake Temple for the first time. It was a really amazing thing to be able to do with most of the family. (Pete and Chelsea stayed behind to watch the babies.)

After we all went out to eat, which is quite the event for my family. Grandpa and Aunt Kathy joined us. Here is Carson, his Grandpa, and his Great grandpa.




Yesterday Regan and I drove to my old stomping grounds, Provo. I get so nostalgic when I'm there. College was the funnest time of my life and all the memories come flooding back when I visit. It is bitter sweet though, because none of my friends are there anymore and all the college students look so young, which means I'm looking old. Carson has been such a good boy driving around all day, missing naps and sleeping in a different place. Poor guy is getting his first tooth too. I am lucky to have such a happy baby. Carson and I are here until tomorrow and am looking forward to more shopping and eating out. If any of you don't know Utah is the shopping and dining capital of the west! There is any and every type of store and restaurant here. Thanks Regan for being my own personal driver. Here is a funny picture of Noelle and Carson while we were grocery shopping at Walmart. Carson felt so proud of himself sitting like a big boy with his cousin. So funny.

4 comments:

kelleyplus said...

You're amazing to keep up your blog while on a trip! It was such a great weekend. I miss everyone already.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I love Sugarhouse!

Glad you had fun!

The Winsteads said...

What a fun week we had. Noelle and I are already lonely without you two. I hope you feel better by the end of the weekend. What a bummer.

Amanda P said...

Leah! Oh, I am so jealous that you and Regan were in Utah eating and shopping without me. Seriously, I have such fond memories of you guys at college...good days. Love you guys!