Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grandma Coats

Grandma Coats (my Dad's mom) passed away on Saturday. Even though she was 85 it was still pretty suddin. She had a massive stroke and they ended up taking her off of life support a few hours later. Grandma Coats was not your average Grandma! She was a professional violin player and played until the day she died. She had long blonde hair and was just about the spunkiest, most opinionated woman you could ever meet. She was never afraid to voice her opinion. She was a wonderful grandma and I will miss her very much. The funeral in on Saturday in Tucson, AZ. I flew into LA yesterday and Carson and I are going to drive up with my Mom tomorrow. It is always nice to be with your family at a time like this. Here are two pictures from her 85th birthday last year. Aunt Kathy, Grandpa, Grandma, and Dad.

3 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, Leah. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

Heninger family said...

Leah, I remember your grandma from the dinner the night before your wedding--she was amazing! I'm sorry you've lost her, but know you have wonderful memories!

We love you!

Amber Bonner said...

I'm sorry to hear that. It's so hard to lose someone you love.