Thursday, June 18, 2009

Seven Months

I am learning so much lately. Seriously every day it seems like I’ve learned a cool new trick. Just in the past few days I’ve mastered sitting up on my own, I can rock back and forth on my knees, scoot backwards, and do the downward dog yoga position. I’ve been a pro at rolling over for a while now. I surprise Mom and Dad because I am able to roll and scoot all over a room. I’ve got to be careful because sometimes I end up under a table or beneath a bed. Mom set up my high chair and I feel like such a big boy in it. I am getting braver about solid foods. I love to suck on Mom’s apple and pear cores, and I love bananas and green beans. Still no teeth! My gums are getting really strong. I love to chomp down on fingers. Mom and Dad have been leaving me alone to fall asleep lately. At first I hated it, but I am learning that it isn’t that scary and I can actually fall asleep without them. That doesn’t mean I do it every time. I can be very stubborn. Sometimes I’ll go to sleep on my own without much of a fuss, but other times I’ll scream my head off. Mom has to come in a few times to sooth me, and then I’ll finally give up. It has been particularly hard this month because we’ve done some traveling. Nothing throws off my sleeping schedule like trips! Mom is trying to get me to take two long naps a day instead of three. Hopefully by next month I’ll be there. I am doing a much better job at sleeping through the night. I’ve also been much better in the car, and even enjoy it sometimes. I love watching home videos of myself. I just laugh and laugh anytime I hear myself talk on camera. Mom and Dad think it is pretty funny. My hair is really starting to grow. It’s coming in blond. Everyone asks Mom if she buzzed it, because it is the exact same short length, but she tells them that it just grows that way. I have the softest little head. A new thing I’ve learned that I love to do is swim! I am a little water baby. I love to be out in the sunshine and to kick and splash in the water. Mom and Dad love seeing my little personality come to life. I know Mom is a little sad that I’m not her brand new baby anymore, but she is having so much fun with me that she doesn’t seem to mind!

4 comments:

kelleyplus said...

I can't wait to see and hold him again this weekend. Have a blast with Regan. I know she will be so happy you are there. Give Nellies a kiss for grandma. Love you!

Aleena said...

So cute! Aaah, to be a baby...

annieq84 said...

What a cute little guy! I can't wait to see you guys again this weekend! Exciting times!

andrea said...

What a sweet post!