Sunday, April 26, 2009

When life seems crazy, it always seems to get a little crazier!

Last night around 12:30 am I had a seizure. To give some history 3 1/2 years ago I had a grand-mal seizure. I was in the hospital for a week and they discovered a vein angioma (abnormal vein) in my brain that had a 3 mm calcification around it. The calcium deposit is what caused the seizure. I was on anti-seizure meds for 2 years, then went off of them to get pregnant. I continuted to say off of them so I could breast feed. Well, I had my second one ever last night. Poor Steve! It is so scary seeing someone have a seizure. That is just more then any husband should have to go through. During the seizure I bit my tongue and pulled and sprained ligiments in my back, so I am in A LOT of pain. We waited until morning to go to the ER and they gave me some pain medication, which has helped. My mom drove up right after I called her. She is such a wonderful mom. I can't pick Carson up, or do much of anything until my back is healed. I had to go back on my medication so I can't breastfeed anymore, which has been really hard. I guess I didn't realize how wonderful being able to breastfeed is until I am not able to anymore. At least I was able to do it until he was 5 months old. One of the biggest bummers of having seizures is not being able to drive. You have to be seizure free for 3 months after any seizure activity before you are cleared to drive again. So inconveinant... I went back to work last month, and now I am going to have to stop working again (beacuse I have no way to get there) and it's too bad because there is only a month left of school. The ER doctor said high levels of stress and sleep deprivation can sometimes cause seizures. I have a new baby, went back to work, and am taking college courses, you tell me, does that consitute for high stress levels? Anyway, I am doing okay. Thank you for all the phone calls and prayers. Any of my friends that live near by you are welcome to drive me around!! =)

13 comments:

Jana said...

Hang in there!

Jeremy and Jennifer said...

Leah I am so sorry that this happened to you. I’m so glad you are ok. That’s great that your mom is there to help out. Good luck!!!

Amanda P said...

Leah, I can't believe you have been through all of this, and now to go through it all again. I am sure it is so scary for you and Steve. I am so sorry. If you ever need someone to talk to, I am always here, just two time zones away. I wish I was close by and we could put our babes in our car and just drive around. I still owe you for all the rides in your Mazda. :) We love you Leah!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Oh my, I'm glad you're OK. I wish I lived near you because I'd drive you everywhere! You're in our prayers . . .

Amanda said...

we are glad you are okay- how scary! we love you <3

andrea said...

So glad to see your post, I have been worrying over here! My dad told me this morning. Hang in there, I wish I lived closer I would love to drive you places :) Love you!!

Heninger family said...

I love your title--things can always get worse!!! I'm glad your mom was able to come, and glad you were able to get that much time in feeding Carson. Wish we could be there to help. We love you guys!

Nate and Nicole said...

I'm so happy you're okay, Leah. Hang in there!

Our Carlson Family said...

Leah,

I heard and have now read... so glad to hear you are ok and that your mom is there with you. Moms are such a blessing. It was fun to see your blog too and all your cute Carson pictures! Take Care and don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

Brady and Lauren said...

Leah, oh my goodness...I'm so glad you are doing ok. I'm so sorry about your back and I wish I lived by you, I could have been your personal drive.

3D BROWS ACADEMY said...

holy cow that was so not what i was expecting to see when i looked at your blog!!! Leah that is sooooo horrible. I hope that you are ok. On a different note im so glad that you found me. Your little boy is just to die for! He looks a lot like his mama! I would love to see you when you are in town so the next time please let me know and we can have a little reunion :) Hang in there!

Kimberlee said...

I am so sorry Leah!! Not only for you to have to go through another seizure but all that it entails afterwards! You're definitely in our prayers!

Sara said...

I'm so glad that you're OK :)