Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back to Work

That's right, I started back today. I wasn't going to go back for the remainder of the year, but the district made an exception and let me come back part-time. I am teaching 1st-3rd period and have prep 4th then I get to pick-up Carson before lunch. A great lady in my ward who lives a few blocks away is watching Carson, so I know he is being well taken care of. School went well today. It almost felt like I haven't been gone for 5 whole months. The kids were getting away with murder and really needed their teacher back=). Even though they now are not allowed to eat, listen to their IPods, text, watch inappropriate movies, etc. anymore they're glad I'm back. Kids, especial special ed high school kids, don't do well with so much instability and lack of structure. Only 7 weeks to go! Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Amanda P said...

Leah! I am sure things are busy for you. I would love to talk and compare notes of how work is going. By the way, I think Carson is already bigger than Asher! :) He is so darn cute.

Music4 said...

I was thinking about you today! I'm happy it went good for you!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I'm thinking of you! Now you'll get to help kids and be a mama!

Jackie said...

Good luck Leah! Your classes are lucky to have you back. Summer break will be here before you know it.

Miss you!
Jackie

The Skeehan Family said...

Hope the rest of the week went well, anxious to take to you. Was thinking of you all morning Friday and quite selfishly sad I couldn't call you... I guess the kids deserve you though. Man.