Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My lack of tire changing skills finally caught up with me!

I was on my way home from work today and all the sudden out of the blue a cinderblock brick was tumbling around on the freeway. I ended up running right over it. The brick tore my tire and 2 other cars behind me. Luckily none of us hit anyone and got to the side of the road safely. I was so useless. I've never changed a tire in all my life and didn't want to try to learn while cars are wizzing past at 75 mph. I also had visions of the tire falling off if I tried. Through the kindness of strangers the man who ran over the brick after me helped and I was on my way. Thanks man with the blue Acura! Now I have to go to the tire store and buy a new one. It is scary when your tire blows out in the middle lane going 75. I'm just glad Carson wasn't in the car.

5 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I'm glad you're OK! I don't know how to change a tire either. I'm glad there was a nice man around to help you!

Laurel said...

phew! that would be scary. I'm glad that you were safe and that someone helped you out. I would be useless as well in a situation like that. I'll call you soon...

Amanda said...

wow, im glad you are okay. i seriously would have been in the same situation. i dont know how to pump my own gas (sad but true) let alone change a tire!

kelleyplus said...

Baby girl!!! I'm so glad you are safe! I left my charger at Becky's so my phone is dead. That's sooo scary. I was at the temple yesterday for my first training as an ordinance worker. I'd like to think the Lord was caring for my family as I served in the temple.
PLEASE be careful.

Our Carlson Family said...

I have had a tire blow out too, only it was a huge pot hole in our wonderfully smooth I-80 freeway! Glad you had help... I wouldn't trust myself to change a tire, unless my life depended on it.