Thursday, April 16, 2009

Busy Busy Weekend!

Steve's parents came into town last Thursday night through early Tuesday morning on their way to Utah to visit family. This week is my spring break, so It was a great time for them to come. We always seem to have a long list of house projects to do when they come visit. Last week was no exception. Here is a list of what we got done in just 3 days!

1. Spring cleaning- Ruth and I cleaned all the plantation shutters and blinds. (A job I hate to do by myself).
2. Bill calked and Ruth touched up all of our base board.
3. Steve and Bill tiled the master bathroom. It use to be carpet in the vanity area and linoleum in the water closet. The tile matches the kitchen and the other bathrooms now. LOVE IT.
4. Ruth and I weeded the backyard flowerbeds and put down weed fabric then bark. We planted a few new plants including strawberries and basil. The back yard looks SO much better.
5. Steve and Bill added two new lights to the garage and 3 outlets.

As well as laundry, vinyl cutting, cooking, cleaning, mowing the lawn, and taking care of Carson. They even watched Carson one night so Steve and I could go to a movie. It was a very busy weekend, but we were so happy they came to visit and so grateful for all their help!! THANK YOU! And of course what new post wouldn't be complete without a few pictures of Carson...

5 comments:

Amanda said...

sounds like a busy fun weekend! and i love carsons shirt- haha so funny. what a cute little nephew i have- umm, when can i see him again? lets make that happen.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

All of your home improvements look great! I need a productive weekend like that. I love it when the parentals come!

kelleyplus said...

Oh good! I was afraid I wasn't going to get new pictures of Carson.
Dad and I are really going to have to roll up our sleaves when we get there so we can keep up with the Bonners!!!

Kelly said...

Can I PLEASE have your in-laws??!!! I'm sure we would get along just great! Good job on all the projects, I'm jealous!

Laurel said...

All I can say is WOW! The Bonners sure know how to get things done!