Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my Mom's birthday, so I decided to compile a top ten list of reasons I love her. Here it goes:

1. My Mom has always put her family before anything else. She has sacrificed a lot for us.

2. She loves her kids and is not afraid to show it! Each of us know how much Mom loves and cares for us. She also loves our kids and is a wonderful Grandma!

3. Mom has a lot of courage. She never wavers in her beliefs and stands up for what she knows is right and true.

4. She is always up for a good time. Mom loves life and wants to live it to the fullest.

5. Mom is very generous with her time and talents. When we moved into our house she came right up and helped me paint all week. She also helped me decorate Carson's nursery- which is a testament of her talents!

6. Mom is one of the hardest workers that I know. She always gives 100 percent to whatever she is doing.

7. Mom is a great advice giver. She has a very logical way of thinking and is helpful at putting things into perspective.

8. My Mom is very in-tune with her emotions and the Spirit. She knew something was wrong and drove all the way here to stay with me. A few hours after she arrived I had a grand-mal seizure. I am so grateful that she has those promptings and acts upon them.

9. She is a good listener and a very supportive and loyal friend.

10. Mom is an amazing example of how a daughter and wife should be. She has always been someone that I look up to.

I love you Mom. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
Carson wanted to wish you a happy birthday too

6 comments:

Amanda said...

ahh we have a picture of katherine with the same sign :)

kelleyplus said...

Thank you sweetheart. There is nothing quite as satisfying as a child's love. Thank you for little Carson, I can't wait to see him soon! And thank you for exemplyfying what I hoped my children would turn out like!
Mom

The Winsteads said...

This little boy is one the cutest I've ever seen. He is just gorgeous! I can see more of you in him Leah than Steve. I don't think he could ever be confused as a girl.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

That is really cute Lee, and I'm sure mom loved it! Carson really is one of the cutest babies ever, I just love him so much and can't wait to see him soon. The countdown is on!!!

Scott McMillan said...

can carson be any cuter!! Seriously, he is one of the cutest babies ever. We would love to get together with you guys. We have early church so maybe after that sometime or a saturday night. We usually work on Saturdays. Give us some dates that work for you. We can come out there if that is easier or other way around. Give me a call 457 6909. I don't have your number.

andrea said...

That is so sweet! You are a great daughter.

Carson is a doll, he looks so much like you! When are you coming to Phoenix? I would love to see you guys!