Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nursery Updates

So- here is the nursery with a few new items added, like mom's quilt and pillow, the darling antique trucks and plane, and all my kid books I've been collecting over the years.I have a week and a half left of work! Thank goodness. Anything and everything is so exhausting right now. By the time I wake-up, get ready, and drive to work I'm ready for a rest. I also have a bad cold, which doesn't help. Working at a school and having a fetus steal your immune system isn't a good combination. It's all worth it though, right? Everyone says enjoy your sleep now before the baby comes. I don't think they remember what it is like to be 8 months pregnant! At least it is starting to cool off here. October in the bay area is the best time of year. It is high 70's low 80's, bright clear blue skies, and light breezes all month long. I'm so glad I don't live where it is starting to snow this time of year. Bless this beautiful state! Steve's even out water skiing right now.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

the nursery looks great! i am so impressed! (not that i doubted it would be anything short of amazing of course.) but seriously it looks great. and i think its time for a belly pic :)

The Skeehan Family said...

A) You mom made that quilt?? Seriously? Wow.

B) Only you being Leah and a teacher would have THAT many books before a baby even comes into this world

C) So excited you are so close to being done with school, how exciting!!!

D) The baby could come early?? That would be AMAZING - I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you... I mean, as much fun as it is having your baby come a week late, yeah, well......

E) What a fun fun shower, wish I lived by you so that I could have joined in - and that cake is darling

F) Just trying to keep up with the quilt's theme :)

G) I love you.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

So cute, Leah! I love it. And you can never have too many books!

andrea said...

I love the nursery! Your mom can sew! I am impressed! I also am impressed at the collection of books you have! That is awesome. Enjoy the weather...I love this time of year.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

It's just way too darling. I am trying to get my plane ticket, hopefully it'll all work out. That baby boy better know that his Aunt becky is coming and he's should be on his way out. And you will love all those books, i love reading with Oliver

Jeremy and Jennifer said...

Leah your nursery is so cute!! I can't wait to see the little guy. Good luck the last month:)

Heninger family said...

I always thought those last uncomfortable weeks of pregnancy are to get you used to getting by on not-much-sleep:)

breena rae said...

that quilt is adorable. looks like all you need is baby!!