Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Barack sure has the 17-18 year old demographic

I teach 12th grade government this year. It's a great year to teach it because of the election. I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed learning more about our government so far this year. I've also been following the election closer then I probably would have otherwise. Anyway, we did mock elections this week for all of the California Propositions and for president. Here are some of the results that I found interesting:


  • Prop 1 (High Speed rail from Sacramento to San Diego) NO

  • Prop 4 (Waiting period and parent notification for minior's pregnancy) No, which means no notification necessary.

  • Prop 8 (Same Sex Marriage) Yes, which means only marriage between a man and woman will be legal in CA.

  • McCain or Obama?? It was unanimous, all the students voted for Obama.

2 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Yeah, definetely not surprising. When you ask yourself, "who would I rather sit down and have lunch with", it's always Obama, hands down.

Eric & Gretchen said...

Glad to see that they voted Yes for Prop 8.