Saturday, October 25, 2008

Maternity Leave Has Started

My last day was Friday. It feels great to be done. I made ice cream with the students, which was fun. It was really easy if anyone is looking for a fun activity to do. Here are some pictures of my third period doing it.




Ingredients
1 cup half and half
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (or mint or coconut extract, etc.)

Pour the top 3 ingredients in a quart size ziplock bag. Put the quart sized bag inside a gallon freezer bag. Fill the freezer bag about half way full of ice and add about a quarter cup of salt. Shake for around 15-20 minutes, then enjoy!

2 comments:

andrea said...

Fun! I bet your students love you, you would be the most fun teacher. I still am in disbelief that you are already 35 weeks!!? Where did that time go!!? I can't wait to see pictures. Are you going to schedule the birth and be induced...or just wait. Good luck! Love ya!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

ahhh...how sweet! I felt so weird when I left on maternity leave. It was kind of bitter-sweet. I miss teaching SOOO much...BUT I still haven't gone back yet! I hope you're doing well! You're going to be a wonderful mamma!