Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bathroom Re-Do for $6.00

Ever since Steve tiled the 2nd upstairs bathroom the blue walls were just not doing it for me. 3 years ago my friend Leesee and I had painted the bottom half of the wall dark blue, then we put up a chair rail and painted the upper half white. I had a blue shower curtain in there, a blue and hot pink curtain, and hot pink towels.It was fun for a while, but a change was needed. I few weeks ago I found this adorable canvas print of a Good House Keeping cover from the 20's. I loved the baby and puppy in a wash bassin along with all the colors. So I decided to paint beige over the blue. I took down all the moldings and re-painted them white and Steve put them back up for me. I also found a shower curtain I liked at Target. It was suppose to be $29.00, but for some reason rang up for $5.97. I didn't question it. I put up an off white curtain that I already had. Oh, and the paint I used I already had as well. So yeah, it was a full bathroom re-do for about $6.00. I should have my own show on HGTV.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

oh the nesting, i guarantee you will rearrange the furniture in your house (well as much as you can move anyway) multiple times before you have him! at least that was how i was!! the bathroom looks great, we missed you this weekend! =)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Why am I not surprised? It looks great!

kelleyplus said...

I love it!!! It looks so good. It really does look so different. I can't wait to see it on Thurs. Mom

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Yeah, I have to say I love this much more than the hot pink. I will seriously need to hire you when I have a house to work on, you need to teach me all you know!

Leesee said...

Ooh, I love the bathroom! Did you have fun trying to paint behind the toilet? Remember how that was my job with the blue? :) It looks really good!