Friday, December 2, 2011

My boy is three!

Carson celebrated his third birthday two weeks ago, and I still can't believe that we have a three-year-old! It was a pretty low key birthday because we were planning on celebrating the next week at Grandma and Grandpa Kelley's. Last minute I called a few friends and we met at a pizza place for pizza and cake.




If I had to pick just five words to describe Carson they would be:
  1. Tenacious 
  2. Fearless
  3. Determined
  4. Tenderhearted
  5. Tough
Carson is such a fun kid! He is a non-stop ball of energy and we are so lucky to share in his excitement about anything and everything. It is unbelievable how big this he is. Seriously, he is bigger then most 4-year-olds. I just love his big boy body-all his summer-salts, jumping, climbing, wrestling... boys are the best! Carson's been in speech for the past year and his speech is improving everyday. He constantly surprises me with the things he says. I love that he is getting better and better at communicating. It is wonderful that he starting to finally able to communicate what he is thinking and feeling. It's a whole new world for all of us.

Another exciting change for us is that Carson started pre-school this week! He wasn't scared at all. He walked right in the classroom, hung-up his backpack and sat down ready to learn. He has been begging to go to school and I am so glad it's finally started. He goes twice at week and gets speech services while he is there. Next week he is going to start taking the school bus, which he is THRILLED about.
Diego Backpack
I had grand plans of taking a classic "first day of school" picture. This is as good as it got.
Look at him with his hands folded. Nursery has taught him well =)
Carson has the best laugh (sorry all you other Moms out there, but it's true). He is so fun to tickle and chase. I love to watch him watch movies, especially when he knows a funny part is about to happen. So great. Carson has really turned into my little buddy. He is such a "helper". He loves to help me bake and help Dad with anything that includes tools. I LOVE that he likes to hug, kiss and cuddle. What a lucky Mama, I know. He is a wonderful older brother. He loves to play with and entertain Luke. Luke lights-up whenever his brother enters a room.

Carson, we love you more then words can express and are so happy that you are part of our family! Happy birthday little goose.

3 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Little goose!! I miss you soooo much! He really is a bundle of life isn't he. He will reveal so much about himself as he gets better and better with his words and that will be very interesting indeed.

Leesee said...

I can't believe he's 3! Happy Birthday Carson!

Aleena said...

Happy Birthday Carson! You are getting so grown up!