Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween part I

Our Halloween festivities started at the church Trunk or Treat Friday night. I was one of the people in charge, so it was a little stressful for me, but the evening was a great success. Luke was so sick that after 15 minutes there Steve took him home (which added to my stress, but what can you do?) Carson had wanted to be Buzz Lightyear for months, so I found a costume at the Goodwill, score I know, then out of the blue he changed his mind. He got a Halloween Go Diego, Go book from the library where Diego was a bat and decided he wanted to be a bat, ugh... Not just any type of bat, but the exact bat from the book. See picture:
So I go the the fabric store and do my best to replicate. It is a pretty stupid costume anyway, and my rendition didn't turn out great. Right before the Trunk or Treat he tried it on and realized it wasn't great and after a little bribing with candy he decided to go back to Buzz. I know he is glad he did because he felt so cool that night. He are a few pictures I snapped before. I didn't get any of Steve though. He went disco and looked amazing. Imagine the tightest pants you've ever seen on a guy, or maybe don't. =)
Don't you love this face? "That's right, I'm Buzz. Try to contain yourself."

Luke, the cutest little chunky monkey you've ever seen!


Poor Luke, you can tell he doesn't feel great. The costume stayed on all of 2 minutes.
 Carson had the time of his life at the Trunk or Treat. I love this age because they don't remember Halloween last year and don't fully realize what they are in for. When all the sudden it clicks that all these people are JUST GIVING AWAY CANDY! I think he thought he'd died and gone to Heaven. It's so great re-living my life through the eyes of a two-year-old.  Because the night was so crazy I wasn't able to take any pictures. Here are a few my friends took. 
Ty, O.G. and Carson
Me (as Lucy) and Carrie holding Jillian (Jenny Wesley)
Today Carson had a little party that his Speech pathologist practice threw at an ice cream parlor. This is the best picture I could get of him and his speech teacher Nicole. We love Nicole. You might ask yourself is his costume different? Well, yes. My darling cousin Andrea mailed me her son's old Buzz costume on Saturday, which is way cooler then the one I had. Complete with gloves, wings and a head cap. Hopefully I can get him to put it all on tonight so I can get a picture. Anyway, I'm sure that is more than you wanted to know. Happy trick or treating tonight! 

No comments: