Sunday, October 2, 2011

Book Review #2 The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom

All I can say is fantastic. The story takes place in the late 1700/early 1800s in Virgina. It is a vivid and interesting perspective from not only the slaves of a tobacco plantation but a young white girl who because an indentured servant there. Overall  if you want a heartwarming, lighthearted read, this isn't the book for you, although it does have moments of humor and happiness. The first quarter of it was a little slow, but I couldn't read the last half fast enough. I'm glad it's over because now I can get some stuff done! **Read it!

3 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

this is right up my alley . . . just added it to my list! thanks!

kelleyplus said...

So funny and so true! When I'm reading nothing else matters.

The Skeehan Family said...

I needed a new book and I totally trust your taste.. Yay! I'm actually headed to the library tomorrow, I'll let you know if I find it :)