Sunday, January 30, 2011

Luke: One Month Update




If Mom had to describe me in one sentence it would be that I am such a sweet little guy! I am starting to fill out, but am still pretty skinny. My cheeks make me look chunkier than I really am though. I am quite a snacker. I like to eat little amounts every 1-2 hours. Mom is trying to get me to eat more, farther apart. I am getting better at sleeping. I don’t like to sleep by myself. I like to be held and cuddled. I don’t know why Mom tries to put me in my bassinette every night. Is it so hard to hold me all night long? I am usually the most awake in the mid-mornings and in the evenings from about 5 pm-10pm. 

My brother Carson loved to be swaddled really tight, but not me. I HATE having my arms tied down! I also don’t like the Moby wrap Mom tries to put me in, it’s too restricting. I like the Baby Bijorn though. I am not much of a fan of pacifiers. My brother keeps trying to shove them in my mouth. I know he loves me and likes to talk to me in a high pitched baby voice, but he can be a little rough. It scares Mom and Dad. He loves to hold me and gets mad when Mom takes me away. He isn’t allowed to pick me up, but if Mom isn’t watching carefully all the time he tries. He hasn’t dropped me yet though, Mom says that is a victory. 

Mom and Dad love to hold me and snuggle me. I am quite a snuggler! I’ve only met my Grandma Kelley and Grandma Bonner so far, and am excited to meet the rest of my family. I have a total of 16 aunts and uncles and 23 cousins. They are all very excited to meet me!

6 comments:

kelleyplus said...

So funny and sweet too! I love it when you write it in first person just like I did for you. We can't wait to see you all really soon!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

What a cute little boy! He looks a lot like Carson to me.

It's amazing a baby survives when they have a 2 year old big brother!

Aleena said...

I love how you do your milestone posts of you boys! It's so cute! Thanks for sharing about your adorable little guy!

Our Carlson Family said...

wow... A month? Already?! Such a cute kid! He and Carson are definitely brothers.

Laurel said...

such a cutie. wish we were closer!

The Skeehan Family said...

what a perfect post - and those pictures are beautiful. I have one of them on my fridge right now, actually :)