Monday, May 25, 2009

What a Weekend!

It has been a full and busy weekend. Maybe weekends just seem more productive now because I am stuck at home all day. Anyway, I feel like I have to write about it because it was so busy. Steve had Friday off so we went to Armijo (the high school I teach at) in the morning to say hi to the kids and show them Carson. On our way home we went to the court house to pick up Carson's birth certificate. Steve and I both thought that they mail it to you-but realized it never came. $20 later he is now officially ours. We came home for Carson to take a nap, then headed for the Oakland Temple. We hadn't been since Carson and thought it was about time. We thought we had a babysitter for him, but it fell through so he ended up coming with us. Steve and I took turns going in for an hour while the other one played with Carson outside. It was a beautiful day and it was so nice to be on the beautiful temple grounds. That night we got a babysitter and saw Star Trek. Growing up with a Trekie father I appreciated the movie.

Saturday morning we did our semi-monthly Super Walmart grocery shopping trip then headed to Walnut Creek to the Bogner's house. Laurel's nephew was having his 1st birthday party. We hadn't been to the Bogners since Laurel and Ryan's wedding. It is always fun at their house. We rushed home because I had Bunco. A few months ago I decided now that I am a mom I should start a Bunco group with my friends. We meet once a month and have a blast together. Everyone is assigned a food item for dinner and there is a theme (last night was 80's). The person hosting is in charge of getting prizes. I ended up winning a manicure. I am trying not to bite my nails so the ladies don't scold me! I always feel so judged at the nail place.

Sunday was church, then a picnic with friends at a park until 7:30. I haven't played tug-of-war in years. Today, Monday was blessed because Carson slept until 6:40 am. It is such a great feeling to sleep the whole night through. We went to the mall this morning and two parties/BBQs this afternoon. We have made such great friends here. We love living here and feel so lucky.

Sorry no pictures, I was too busy to take any! =)

1 comment:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Isn't bunco the best? I started a group in my ward, too! It's a fun night out with the girls.

Looks like a fun weekend with your cute little fam!