Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Great Bang fiasco of '93

I promised a few journal entrys and here is a classic! (12 yrs. old)

September 4, 1993
Yesterday I tried to do a back flip on the trampoline and just couldn’t do it. Dad went to the flower mart on his way home from work and bought roses. He spent $20.00 and if we sold them all we would make $70.00. We went door-to-door for 3 hours and made $25.00. Waste of time. The BIGGEST thing that happened today was I decided to get my bangs cut in time for 7th grade to start. I haven’t had bangs for three years. Mom didn’t think I should cut them, but I insisted. So everyone watched while Mom cut them. I asked, how do they look? Then everyone started laughing! I felt them, screamed, and ran to the mirror. They were so so so so so so short! They we like an inch long. I broke into tears and started sobbing. Three years of growing them out and now they looked so so so so bad! I was in a mad and sad rage. Mom felt really bad. Dad came in my room and hugged me and that made me feel a lot better. Mom said she was sooo sorry and that everything was going to be alright. Mom took another piece of hair and cut it longer so it would help cover-up the short piece. It looks a lot better now. I regret cutting them. I should have listened to Mom. Tomorrow is fast Sunday, bummer. P.S. I rearranged the furniture in my room and it looks cool.


I don't have a picture of the short bangs (for obvious reasons) but here is one from Halloween '93 once they grew out a bit!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

you gotta find and scan a picture of these bangs!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

LOVE it.

Unknown said...

Okay, here is the picture.

kelleyplus said...

I soooo remember that awful day. I'm still so sorry!

Kelly said...

LOL! That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

Jackie said...

So funny Leah! Brings back memories of us in Jr. High!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annieq84 said...

Do you remember when I cut my own super short before 8th grade graduation? Loa had to cut them even shorter to even them out. I was so upset! And I don't remember the roses- I must have been too busy playing.