Sunday, May 24, 2009

A trip down memory lane

I have been an avid journal writer ever since I was given my first journal at age 12 when I graduated from primary. With all this seizure stuff and the thoughts of brain surgery one of the first things that popped into my head was "if I die I'll be so embarrassed when people read all my old journals with all the spelling mistakes and sloppy hand writing- etc". Luckily I'm not dying, but from that thought I decided to take all of my journals (10+) and type them out. Hopefully I can stick it out and do them all. After all I have 2 more months without driving. Right now I am at August 27, 1993. It is so funny to read about what I was like as a 12 year old, especially because I teach the Beehives (12-13 girls) at church. Maybe while I am transcribing I'll put a few entrees on the blog.

2 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Oh boy!!! I can't wait. You are truly a girl on a mission. I so admire how you don't waste valuable time on mundane things but use your time so wisely.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I didn't know you were a journaling freak like me! I have the same thing and started typing them out before I had Nate. Now I may start doing it again! It's HILARIOUS to read junior high journals! :)