Thursday, March 5, 2009

Aren't there any decent subs left in the world?

I've been on maternity leave since the end of October and my classroom has officially fallen apart... One of the biggest problems is that legally a substitute can only sub for 20 days at a time in a special ed. classroom without a special ed teaching credential. And no subs have a SPED credential. So just when the students start getting used to a person, a new one comes in. I guess it has been nothing but trouble since I've left. I teach a difficult group and frankly- I think the administration now realizes what a good job I've been doing now that I am gone! The latest sub was told not to come back because of alleged "inappropriate comments". They need me, I know, and I should go back, but my goodness so does my kid. I wish the school year was ending soon. This sucks.

2 comments:

Amanda P said...

Oh, Leah, that is sooo hard. My mom is a teacher, as you know, and I think it is often horrible how things sometimes work! She often feels like it is more work to have a sub come and prepare detailed step by step lesson plans than just go herself. What a tough decision!

Amanda P said...

P.S. I've been meaning to tell you that Carson looks like such a Kelley in the picture earlier on your blog with Carson in your Dad's hat. Little Leah for sure.