Monday, August 11, 2008

One last Hurrah for Summer!

I just got back from a "sister's week" in Laguna with 4 of my sisters, 1 sister-in-law, my mom and 2 babies. Laguna is the most beautiful place in all of California. If any of you have not spent time there, I'd advise you to plan a trip. My mom rented a house a block from the beach for the whole week. It was so nice to spend time with my sisters and mom in such a great place. My only complaint is I didn't take enough pictures!! Our location was perfect. We had a beautiful view of the ocean from our house. We spent a ton of time a the beach and in the little town looking at all the shops. We went the the Saw Dust festival as well as the Pageant of the Masters. Pageant of the Masters is where real people pose re-creating famous paintings and sculptures. It all looked so real! It was fun to try out a lot of new resturants all week.
Katherine, my brother's baby is still little so she was with us for the whole week. Oliver joined us for the last few days. It's always fun to have babies around to hold and love. I'll post some of the pictures I have. Hopefully my sisters took more and will email them to me, hint, hint...Here is me, Laura and Regan having lunch at Rubys at the end of the Huntington Beach Pier.

Laura Lynn smiling for the camera as she is walking up the hill.

Me and baby Katherine with her rosey cheeks!

Becky and Oliver riding the Laguna trolley.


One more funny thing. My dad took care of Oliver for 2 days while Becky was with us. Ollie's hair was getting a little long so my dad decided to take to liberty to cut it himself and did a horrible job! Sorry Dad, but it's true. So Becky had to take Oliver to get his first real big kid hair cut. He did not like it at all! Luckily, he had the hairy sucker to distract him =).

3 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I looovee Laguna! What a great trip and a great tradition.

Post pictures of your nursery soon!

andrea said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! I love you pregnant, you are so cute! How is the baby room and all the preparing coming along?

The Skeehan Family said...

Happpppy birthday EVE! Well, actually, in 48 minutes it will be your birthday and probably when you read this, so I guess I get to minus the eve :)

Happy Birthday my beautiful loving friend. I hope your first three days at escuela went well, will call ya in the morning.

And the girls weekend looks like it was amazing and exactly what you wanted it to be. Kudos to your mama for the idea and putting it together.

And finally, you are lookin' SO good.