Sunday, August 31, 2008

Baby's Nursery & Other Updates

So, I am finally posting pictures of baby boy Bonner's nursery. Most things are pretty much done. My mom is working on the quilt that will hang above his bed. It is in the colors and fabrics that are in those little square frames hanging on the wall. The quilt is ABCs, hence the vinyl ABC boarder on the wall. I really love the vintage "Dick and Jane" type fabrics right now, so that's why I decided to do the nursery in this theme. Now all I need is the baby!

I have officially completed the first two weeks of school. These kids are waring me out! I've had a bad cold too, which hasn't helped things. Everything has been going pretty smoothly though. I lost the IA (instructional assistant) Nicole who has been working with me for the past 4 years. She went to another school district, which is great for her, but sad for the rest of us. So right now I am alone! It is very difficult to handle special ed kids by yourself. Especially when you have to go to the bathroom all the time!

Yesterday Steve and I took a cool hike in Marin through this valley to the ocean. It was around 3 1/2 miles and fairly flat, which was good for me. It was beautiful! Every once and a while we do things that remind me how lucky we are to be living in such a beautiful place! Here is me and my big self in Tennessee Valley park- I think that is what it's called.

10 comments:

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

AMAZING! I LOVE it! You did an amazing job...could I hire you to come and re-do Sophie's nursery?!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

LOVE the nursery. How adorable! And you are such a cute pregnant lady. Can't wait to see that cute belly in a few weeks!

annieq84 said...

Wow Lee- that's one of the cutest things I've ever seen. You know, it sure sets a high standard for those of us who haven't had a kid yet... and by the way I love you a ton!

andrea said...

Leah you did such a great job decorating! I love it! Some day I want to come visit you in your adorable house :)

The Moshers said...

So cute!!! I love it and need to come see it in person sometime. Love the pic in the park....you are so cute preggers.

The Skeehan Family said...

OH MY GOSH! The nursery is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G seriously. And am especially loooooooooving the border. You did not do it justice in your description. And ps... plane tickets are purchased, rental car is done... am ridiculously excited to see you and your cute cute belly in 23 days!!!!

Amanda P said...

Wow! You put my meager nursery to shame. But I think I have some of the same sheets with the dots and stripes. Of course you would be so great at decorating your nursery...you were always the crafty and organized roommate, not me! I hope you are doing well. Can you believe I only have 3 weeks left...crazy!

kelleyplus said...

It looks so great. I'll get that quilt done pronto! What a darling little tummy you have. Can't wait to see my little boy Bonner!
Mom

kat said...

hi Leah! I check your blog every now and then, but I've never said hi before. I'm so excited for you and Steve and your baby boy that is on the way. I hope things keep going well!

Kimberlee said...

You've always had a knack for decorating Leah! I LOVE the nursery! Wanna come to Utah and help me with my house? Miss you!