Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of School


The school year has begun! Today was my first day of school and it went pretty well. I am lucky enough to have a lot of the students that I had last year and that always makes things easier. The day went by fairly smoothly, I only wrote one referral and suspended that lone student. Can you imagine your kid getting suspended the first day of school? The sad news is Nicole my I.A. (instructional assistant) and great friend over the last 3 school years is leaving me to work at another school. She was nice enough to come for the first 2 weeks to help me set everything up though. Okay, the funniest quote of the day is from a student who was expelled around Christmas last year and is now back, so he didn't know I was pregnant. He walked into class today, took one look at me and said, "Did your boyfriend do that to you?" I said no, my husband and I chose to have a baby and he looked at me like what's the difference? Oh the generation of the future...

2 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Glad you're off to a good start. Love the "did your boyfriend do that to you" line. It's a little scary to think of lack of parenting in this world!

andrea said...

I can't believe he would say that to you! Crazy!

I am glad school is going smoothly for you, except for that one kid! Andin starts preschool next week, I am freaking out.