Sunday, April 27, 2008

Santa Cruz, Prom & More!

This week has been a busy one with extra curriculars at work. On Wednesday I helped chaperone a special ed field trip to the Santa Cruz board walk. Everyone had a lot of fun. There were about 35 kids and 8 adults. There were a few rides open and we played laser tag and mini-golf. And yes, our shirts do say "Special Ed's Surf Camp, Santa Cruz" on them in the ice cream cone picture. What I find!



Last night I went to Armijo High School’s junior/senior prom in Oakland. This is my second year chaperoning prom. I love going and seeing all the kids dressed-up and trying to look so grown-up and sophisticated. Sadly there were not as many ghetto-fabulous dresses as last year. I went with a group of friends from work. We went to a fancy restaurant before, which was fun. Who doesn’t love getting all dressed up? Here is a picture of the group I went with and Nicole and I with one of our students.


just finished up my 9th week of pregnancy. It was a rough one! Lots of loosing my breakfast and dinner. I am very ready to be out of my first trimester. I told my students that I was pregnant this week. They are being very funny about it. When ever I get upset at them they say, “Now Mrs. Bonner, think about the baby. Don’t raise your stress levels.” Oh the joys of teaching.

8 comments:

Amber Bonner said...

Hang in there- it will get better! I hope you can keep more down this week- :)

Amber Bonner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay Griffeth said...

I hope you start feeling better, soon! I love that your kids want you to keep your stress levels down. That's great. :)

Chris said...

I'm not sure which is more shocking. The fact that you are preggers or the fact that you went to the Prom... I'm guessing you weren't the only girl there with a bun in the oven. I've heard stories about those California girls! Congratulations to both of you! Ps. I got a new phone and lost you and Steve's numbers... We've got to find a way to exchange numbers again!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Oh Prom, I am slightly envious. It is something I miss about High School, getting all dressed up and getting your dance on! Those were some good times. I love the comment btw about you being mixed, I would take that as a compliment! I hope you're feeling a little better, I'm thinking it'll start to taper off, fingers crossed:)

The Skeehan Family said...

Hahahaha, 'think about the baby,' that's hilarious.

And a hot mama at a prom - you never cease to amaze me :)

Amanda P said...

Nine weeks! You've almost made it past the rough stuff. I love that you went to Prom. Steve really dodged a bullet on that one huh. I surprised he wasn't upset that he didn't get to go! By the way, you look great.

Scott McMillan said...

congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys. You are going to be the best mom!! Glad that everything is going so well.