Sunday, May 11, 2008

Monterey & Carmel

A month or so ago Steve and I realized that we hadn’t gone any where in a while. We live in such an amazing place so we decided to plan a trip to somewhere near by. One of my favorite spots in California is Monterey/Carmel and Steve had never been. So this weekend we had our trip. It was so nice to get away and not have to drive too far to get there. We started our trip Friday at the Monterey Aquarium. Let me tell you- it is a pretty good one. I liked the jelly fish the best. They are so amazing to watch. After the aquarium we drove the on the 17 mile drive through Pebble Beach. It was so beautiful! I don’t know what I liked better, the ocean or all of the incredible houses. The contrasting colors between the golf courses and water is spectacular!

Saturday we spent the day in Carmel walking on the beach and exploring the town. We also went to the Carmel mission. I swear, anyone who went to 4th grade in California has a love for the California missions. That’s all you learn about for a year. Steve was a little hesitant, but thought the mission was pretty cool. It was a short trip, but so nice to get away. I guess we better do all we can before the baby comes.

It’s week 12 now. I am feeling a little better, but still get sick. I am crossing my fingers that in a few more weeks I’ll be feeling much better.

12 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

I've been wanting to plan a trip up there, too. Where did you guys stay? Any recommendations?

Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon. I remember feeling a little bit better at week 14, quite a bit better at week 17, and pretty much saying goodbye to all-day-long- morning-sickness by week 20. Good luck! :)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I hope you are on your way to feeling great!

What a fun trip. I may call you in the next month or so to get details because I was thinking Wes and I may spend a few days up your way this summer!

kelleyplus said...

Soon dad and I will be empty nesters again and we will be able to take off and go on weekend trips like that. In the mean time we will enjoy Kauaii with Annie and Chelsea.

Amanda said...

sounds like a fun trip, great pictures!

i hope you are feeling better soon!! cant wait to see you guys!

lindsay lark said...

Oh the missions- as soon as I read that I was transported back to my 4th grade field trip to San Juan Batista. Wow. So jealous that you got to enjoy one of my favorite places in the world- hope you're feeling better soon!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Holy Cow I am so homesick after reading your post! Carmel is probably my favorite place in the world. I hope you're feeling well...you look great!

andrea said...

I hope you feel better soon too! I can't even tell you how excited I am to see how cute your baby is going to be!! You will be the best parents.

The pictures make me jealous, that's great that you can drive to Monterey...beautiful!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Cute pictures, I want to be there now, especially at the ocean. Our "grandma" at work Ruth, asked today if I liked Utah. I was like, not really Ruth, there is no ocean. And she was like, oh I can't swim, I would never want to be by the ocean, can't imagine why you'd want to be there. She is a funny lady. I'm soooo excited to see you guys and the baby in the tum, my fav.

Kendall Watkins said...

I hope you start feeling better too. I feel bad for you. I can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!

The picture of the tree on the cliff looks just like the tree out of that Lexus commercial. I am not sure if you know which one I am talking about, but it totally does.

The Winsteads said...

I miss California. Utah sucks!! Anyway it is actually nice right now. Today was about 85 degrees. Hope you are feeling O.K. Did you take that picture of the jellyfish? It looks very cool :)

Amanda said...

can i just say i love that little floating baby ticker in the corner! i like how it changes every day.

we are so excited to see you guys! do you have a little tummy yet? i bet you will have the cutest pregnant belly ever!

The Skeehan Family said...

Hi honey!!! I LOVE Monteray aquarium. Only went there once but really enjoyed it. And I am thinking non-nauseous (???) thoughts for you.

Love you love you love you.