Sunday, April 6, 2008

Flashback!


My dad emailed me this great picture yesterday. It was taken 16 years ago. I was about 10. We had just moved from San Diego to Los Angeles. My parents and my grandpa Kelley took us to Universal Studios. I just want to take a second and say where everyone is now, 16 years later. We will go from left to right. Laura was such a cute little toddler. She was always happy. When she was a baby all of us kids thought she was deaf because she never cried. She just finished her freshman year at BYU and is working very hard. Next is Brian. When he was little we all called him B.J. (Brian Junior). We all loved our brother so much, because only had one! B and his wife Amanda just had a baby last month named Kate. Next is Regan, about 11 in this picture. Regan and I were in the same grade growing up. Regan and I went to 6 different elementary schools. Having a sister in the same grade came in very handy when you didn't know anyone those first few days of school. Regan, her husband Pete and their two year old daughter Noelle areliving in Salt Lake City. They are waiting anxiously to hear from graduate programs. Next is me holding Chelsea. We all loved Chelsea so much because she was the baby of the family. Being the oldest in a large family I always loved when my mom was pregnant and having babies. It was so fun and special always having a baby join our family every couple of years. Chelsea is a junior in high school. It's funny to compare our teenage years. She is basically an only child where I could never find a minute of quite. I know she misses all of her sisters and brother. So we try to visit often! Next in the picture is Becky. Becky and I are actually a month closer in age (14 months) then Regan and I, but we were two grades apart because of birthdays. Growing up Becky was always ready for a good time. You could get her to do anything with you. Things were always more fun if Becky was there. Becks, her husband Ryan and their one year old son Oliver are in Provo. Ryan is in the construction management program at BYU. I know Laura loves that they are there. Last but not least Annie. Annie was and is probably the nicest sister. She is always up for fun especially if it has to do with nature. When she was young and even now she never says anything mean or rude about anyone else. She just officially got engaged yesterday to the love of her life Cody. They are getting married Memorial Day weekend. Well that's it. I hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane!

5 comments:

andrea said...

I loved reading that! I always wanted to be one of the kelley sisters :) haha. It's crazy how everyone has grown up, and everyone is scattered everywhere. So many exciting things going on in your family ;)

mom of six, nana of five said...

What a sweet family. It reminds me of some the pictures of our crew! Love it!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

So cute Lee, and that picture is so funny. I can definetely say it was an awkward phase for some more than others. We missed you guys this weekend! I'm going to go post some pics, check it out, love you!

The Skeehan Family said...

You are so cute my leah - I love the picture first of all and secondly, I love the quick recap of where everyone is - it is so nice to have family!!

Peter Winstead said...

What a horrible picture of me! I look the most awkward of anyone! Chelsea sort of looks like Oliver in that picture. weird :)