Saturday, April 19, 2008

There is a bun in the oven!

That’s right. After close to a year of trying we finally did something right! My due date is November 24. We had our first ultrasound yesterday and the doctor says everything looks good. It was so amazing to see the heart beat and the baby moving it’s little stubby arms.

When I found out I wrote “you’re going to be a daddy” on a onesie and gift wrapped it. It was a fun way to tell Steve. The day we found out we were actually driving to see my parents for the weekend. So, before we got to their house we ordered a cake that said “we’re having a baby” on it. When I first showed my mom she thought it was a birthday cake for Oliver my nephew, but I told her to read
it. We also called Steve’s parents in Taiwan and they were thrilled as well.

I am feeling okay. Nauseated and tired, but that is what is expected, right? I am just trying my hardest to not throw-up in front of my students. Steve and I feel so blessed to finally be starting our family. Don’t worry, I’ll keep everyone updated!

17 comments:

Jana said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to the world of real adventure!

Bret Baker said...

Oh my goodness- congratulations! That's definitely the best news I've heard all week!

lindsay lark said...

I did it again- above comment is mine.

breena rae said...

yeah!!! congrats leah! just remember if you're feeling crappy then that probably means everything is going well!
glad you found me, too.

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

CONGRATS! I am so excited for you!!!!! That is such great news!

Jeremy and Jennifer said...

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you:)You guys are going to be great parents.

andrea said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting, you will be such amazing parents! Grandma spilled the beans to my mom so I already knew...I was just waiting for you to say something on here!

Kendall Watkins said...

I am so excited! I can't wait to see you in June.

Perfumes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindsay Griffeth said...

We're so happy for you guys!

forget laundry said...

we are so excited for you! what a fun post to read... except the whole nauseated and tired thing. but! you will love it. we'll be thinking of you both!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

you guys are going to be such fun parents!!!!! i'm so happy for you guys! i totally understand about not wanting to puke on your kids. i told mine that the garbage can had a new name 'bucket buddy' and i just kind of hugged it all day long. i would run in and out with it and they thought it was funny. good luck!!!!!!

The Skeehan Family said...

YAY! Now I don't have to keep my mouth shut anymore! I can shout my joy for you from the rooftops!!!!!!! :)

Brady and Lauren said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys and I hope you feel better soon. The second trimester is the best.

Nate and Nicole said...

Hi Leah! CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you. I was on the phone with my mom when I read your comment and then found your blog, so she wanted me to tell you congratulations, too. You'll be such a cute mom. I'm excited to stay updated with your life now :)!

Kimberlee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We're so excited for you. Leah, I've always admired how great you are with children. You're going to be great parents. YEAH!

Amanda said...

So happy for you guys <3

oh and we started a blog (or at least we are trying to)

cant wait to see you guys!