Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!




Happiest of Halloween to all of you! I am actually in the process of handing out candy to Trick-or-Treaters. One little boy who looked to be about three years old just came to my door. He said, "Trick-or-treat, give me candy or pull down your underwear". His mother just about died! It was so funny.

So today at school I dressed up as an 80's girl. It was more like Kelly Kapaoski from Saved by the Bell (early years). It was a really fun costume to wear. The students thought it was very funny, side pony-tail and all. I told my students that I was coming dressed up as a decade. One of my boys was disappointed I didn't come as a 50's pin-up girl... Can you even imagine? High school boys and their vivid imaginations. To describe the outfit... A one piece coo-lot jumper, double socks, keds, an authentic acid wash jean jacket, two sets of shoulder pads, a Swatch watch and some other fun authentic jewelry.

So here is a picture of me and my instructional assistant Nicole with a few of our seniors. Check out the redheads legs... Way too much upper thigh. Nicole also dressed 80's. Her costume was great. Purple dress with gathered sleeves, black lace leggings, and the authentic jewelry and make-up. The kids said they like her hair better like this then normal. I guess the 80's are making a come back. Thank Heavens for Nicole. She makes work bearable. We are able to vent and laugh at lunch. Like today one of our students was angry with Nicole and she tried to trip her, then denied it. Where else can you go to work and get tripped on purpose? Well, I hope each one of you had a fun day!!

7 comments:

Leesee said...

Wow, wow, wow! It looks like the redhead is wearing a skirt! Is it? I love it!

breena rae said...

Leah!!! It's Breena...I found you from Lauren's blog.
You know, you always did look good in 80's clothing :) Anywho, I'm glad I found you guys! We have a blog, too, but I need your email so I can add you cause mine is blocked. Love you and glad I can see you now!

Unknown said...

Breena my email is leahbonner@gmail.com. I am so glad to hear from you!!!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Oh Lee, those are some great pics. For some reason 80's clothes just seem to fit you, I think that's cause I grew up with you and you really did sport the side pony like all the time. And didn't Regan always say you were totally Kelly Capowski, yeah and I got to be ugly Stephanie from full house, so sad.

Kimberlee said...

Leah, I thought I told you about my blog! SO sorry! I check yours frequently. LOVE the costume. You pull of Kelly Kaposki really well. You look awesome!

The Boz said...

you looked amazing! You know i have a soft spot for the 80's anyway. I can't believe your student tried to trip your aid. That's ridiculous. Maybe you should look into teaching at a private school- the kids are much nicer to the teachers!

The Skeehan Family said...

total Kelly :) I LOVE it!!! You're hot.