Sunday, October 21, 2007

And another week has passed by...

Poor Steve-o. He is working a turn-around right now. (It's when they shut-down part of the refinery so work has to be 24/7). He has been working nights, 5 pm-6 am. I put tin foil in our window to block the light, but even when it's dark it is sure hard to sleep when you are use to being awake!

This week I was tenured at a banquet. Look at me! I guess I can start kicking the kids and will not get fired.

Any funny stories... Just same old, same old. I am so sick of being called "Cuz". I keep telling the ghetto-fabulous children that I am not their Cuz. I have this new student who is the BIGGEST wanna-be gangsta. He is this tiny little Latino boy who always is looking at his I.D. and says to himself "Damn, I am hella sexy, ladies watch out!" He cannot not talk/call out/make random noises for longer then 15-20 seconds at a time. I know because I sat back and documented it. Oh, how I wish you all could come to work with me for just one day. I complain sometimes, but for the most part I really do enjoy it!

This is a completely unrelated photo. It is My mom, me, and my sisters in Paris in front of the Moulin Rouge. When you don't have kids you aren't taking pictures every week. Halloween is coming and I will definitely get some pictures of that on here.

4 comments:

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brady and Lauren said...

Hi Leah and Steve!!! I'm so glad I found your blog! You guys look like you are doing well and having fun in California. I miss you guys and it's sad we haven't been able to keep in touch better. If you want you can check out our blog at bradyandlauren.blogspot.com

Love,
Lauren

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Poor Steve, what a nightmare. The only time I've ever had to deal with a night shift type thing was at byu-hawaii when I worked security and I seriously felt like a zombie always. How long does that last? Oh the student with attitude, I'd be worried about you if I thought you didn't put those fools in line, but I know you do:) I'm more worried for them:) JK. Can you believe CA in on fire...it makes me so sad.

lindsay lark said...

Hey Cuz-
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that same phrase I'd be a rich, rich girl. I too am now working at a ghettofabulous elementary school (downtown Salt Lake) as a social worker. I was told to F-off (but the real word) by a second grader today. Just lovely. So glad I found you guys!
Lots of Love,
Lindsay Rozier