Wednesday, October 17, 2007

IQ Tests

So, yesterday I was administering the WIAT, which is a type of IQ test to one of my seniors. We were doing the reading comprehension part and I had him read a sentence. (Traffic stopped when an avalanche came tumbling down the hillside, covering the road with debris.) Then I asked the comprehension questions, "What happened as a result of the avalanche?" He said an accident. Then I asked, "what does the word debris mean in this sentence?" He answered by saying pieces of a car. Interesting...

When the test was over I was curious and asked him what an avalanche is, because his answers were not what they should have been. He said, "you know, a Chevy Avalanche. The car tumbled down the hill and ended up on the road all crashed up." I guess he was right if you think about it like that!

2 comments:

The Boz said...

Your stories never cease to amaze me! I don't know how you don't just laugh out right when some of this stuff happens! Honestly!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Why is it not surprising that he said that, oh the gangsta's of Fairfield. Why didn't we think of that first:) Keep those stories comin Lee, they are too funny!