Friday, June 6, 2014

Potty Training Take Two


·         May 29th--I need some advice. Luke is almost 3 1/2 and really has no interest. I've signed him up for school this summer and he has to be potty trained. I've got a few weeks. Today I've done the whole naked from the waist down (refuses to put on underwear), haven't left the house, set the timer for every 30 min, etc. For the most part he's gone willingly to try on the potty, but has never gone. Today from 6:30am-5:30pm (when we had to leave for Carson's swim lesson) he had go zero times in the toilet and seven times on the floor. You can't bribe this kid. He doesn't care about treats or anything. Should I just keep doing what I am doing and hope one of his peeing times coincides with when he is on the toilet and he'll make the connection?? I hate potty training. I hope Kendall is easier. Advice, tips please!
·   
·         May 30th--For any who are wondering potty training day #2 was a disaster as well. I wasn't sure on day one if he got it at all and learned on day two that he does. He repeatedly peed on the floor right after sitting on the potty including all over my legs, a chair, and perfectly into the hungry hungry hippo game. Once while distracted with the laptop he started to pee in the toilet, then realized what he did and stopped mid-stream screaming and crying because he didn't want to. He proceeded to get up and pee in the closet. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Have you ever heard of such a stubborn kid? We should have known it would be like this. Luke does not like to be forced into ANYTHING. Example: kicking him out of his crib into a big boy bed. It was 4 months of screaming, waking throughout the night and always a 4-5am wake-up call. We finally bought a second crib and things are better. 4 months people, and all this going on with a newborn. I am not one to back down and neither is he. I fear that this is going to be a long 50-60 years of life...

Good thing he is cute

1 comment:

Kendall Watkins said...

How did it go? Halle is 3.5 and is doing the same thing. Im going to take the diapers away next week and try this.