Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A trip to keep Grandma company

My poor mother had foot surgery a few weeks ago so Carson and I decided to go keep her company last week. The trip consisted of Carson keeping Grandma entertained and Mommy keeping Carson from hurting Grandma’s healing feet! Carson and I went to Kidspace (a hands-on kids museum by the Rose Bowl) a few times to let Grandma rest. He loves it there!


We spent one of the days in Orange County with my sister Becky and her two kiddos. Three-year-old boy cousins are the best! I got to see my cousin Andrea and her family there too. We swam in their pool.
Grandpa took Carson out with him two of the mornings to do men stuff (A.K.A stop at the donut shop, go to the hardware store, and check on the progress of the house they are building). Carson was never too sure about going alone with him, but always seemed happy when they got back. 

On our last day Grandpa rented a wheel chair for Grandma and we headed to the Santa Monica Pier. It was a beautiful late October beach day in the low 80’s. My friend Laurel and her baby Justin were able to meet us there. We rode the merry-go-round and the ferris wheel.

Riding the Merry-go-round at the Santa Monica Pier

Trying to go Swimming...

Carson took our ferris wheel ride very seriously apparently. My Mom snapped a few of these pictures and I thought they are pretty funny.




Grandpa making sure Carson doesn't jump ship!


Our drive there and back were pretty easy. After stopping one or two times it ends up being about 6 hours, which is totally do-able with a kid. We are lucky we don’t live any farther. Glad you are feeling better mom! 

**Disclaimer:  I forgot my camera on our trip, which is the reason for very few pictures. I did remember my video camera though! The pictures in Santa Monica are from my Mom’s camera.**

3 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Thanks for coming, sorry I was so boring. I'm hoping life will be easier when I'm healed and moved!

Aleena said...

Oh, I want to go to the beach and have the weather be in the low 80's there! Fun!

The Winsteads said...

What a fun water park. Nells would love it. Good old Cali.