Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Carson!!!


My little guy turned two today! So crazy. He is taller than most three year olds so I guess it was about time =). He had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday party. All you moms out there that do the homemade pom-poms, glass jars with beautiful food and darling food labels, and fresh flower birthday parties you put me to shame and I welcome it! (Leesee you would be proud!) We kicked it old school with Mickey Mouse plates, napkins, blowers, my not so attractive cupcakes, streamers… I just don’t have the energy to do much more than that right now. I did make cute cups with silly straws and put each guests’ name in vinyl on them. That turned out cute. 

It was more of a play group party. There were 8 kids with their moms. We set up our bounce house and my friend Carrie brought her slightly cooler bounce house, so between the two the kids were set! It rained last night and just started to rain once the party ended, so the weather timing couldn’t have been more perfect. All the kids had a lot of fun. For many of them it was their first “real party” with invitations and everything. Carson got some great presents and is loving playing with them. Thanks everyone!!

All the excitement hasn’t stopped there. My friend Jennie and her hubby went away for a much needed anniversary trip and we are watching her three kids this weekend. Luckily they are sweet, easy kids who are really good with Carson. They were here ready to play when Carson woke up from his nap. He has had a very fun and exciting day. He is going to be in heaven tomorrow morning when he wakes up and realizes that his friends are still here.













8 comments:

Leesee said...

Cute party! I love it! I cannot believe he's already two!

Carolyn said...

If it makes you feel any better as a mom - I have provided ONE birthday party total for all of my kids. I guess I top the list of crappy moms. You can have second if you want the honor.

Aleena said...

Thanks for the fun party! Happy Birthday Carson!

Rice Family said...

It was a great party Leah! Thanks Carson for inviting Jackson (and us), he had a really fun time and talked about it all day yesterday.

annieq84 said...

Yea Carson! Welcome to the two's! That party looked like crazy fun! I never had a bounce house so Leah I think you centainly outdid yourself!

wherethewildthingare said...

We had a blast at the party too!! Thank you sooooo much for keeping the kids for our getaway. They had a blast and have stopped talking about the stay with Carson. Happy Birthday Big Boy.

andrea said...

Awesome party! Those cupcakes look delicious!!! & Carson is so cute.

Kelly said...

Love,love the picture of Carson with his cupcake!