Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We spent Thanksgiving with my parents in their new house. They just moved in last week and all the bedrooms were already set up for us. Thanks for all your hard work Mom. My sister Becky, her hubby Ryan and their two kids were there as well as my sister Chelsea and her roommate from BYU. My Grandpa Coats flew in from Tucson for a few days too.The house looks great and is practically done. The yard still needs some work. I think Carson had more fun it the empty, unfinished pool then if it had water in it. =) I didn't get any pictures of the house, but here are a few from the backyard and the view of Pasadena and La Canada.


Carson had so much fun playing with his cool 3 1/2 year old cousin Oliver and chasing after Ami. He insists on holding the poor girl whenever he sees her. We took Carson and Ollie to Kidspace kids museum and they loved it.


 Thanksgiving day we spent an hour at Descanso Gardens enjoying the grounds and letting the kids run around. (Check out Oliver's face in the picture of him and Carson by the water. Carson was close to pushing him in.



 On Saturday we headed to Griffith Park and spent some time at Train Town. It is full of all these cool old trains that you aren't supposed to climb on, but who can stop a little boy from climbing on a train? I think Dad's let them so they have an excuse themselves to explore the trains! We found an old Shell Oil fire truck. Had to get a picture of that.





 After Train Town we went into the pony ride/train ride section of Griffith Park. Carson had NO INTEREST in riding the ponys, so Amelie took his turn and she loved it. What a brave little one-year-old.

Other than Ami being sick, and Carson getting sick from Amelie we had a great visit. Ollie and Carson played as well as a 2 and 3 year old can be expected to play. Ollie likes to play rough and is very good with Carson. Carson is going through a very clingy, wants Mom and Dad's full attention all the time stage. Maybe he senses that his whole world is going to be turned upside down soon! It was nice to spend some time with a few of my family members this week. My whole family is going to be together this Christmas at my parent's house, but we will be here at home (too close to my due date.) It will be weird to be all alone without family this year! Even though I am very pregnant I am going to deck the house out. Good thing we have great friends here, I know we won't be lonely. I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

**On a separate note, you might be asking yourself, "why is Leah's picture quality look so amazing?" Well, I got a late Birthday present/early Christmas present and I LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Aleena said...

Looks like you guys had fun! It will be fun to watch Carson and his cousins friendships grow over the years. My kids LOVE their cousins. It's cute to watch.

Amanda said...

Looks like a great time! We will miss you over Christmas. And love that you got a new camera. my grandparents just bought us a sony alpha dslr for christmas on saturday! i'm still trying to figure it out. it came with two lenses and im not really sure what all of it means. the point and shoot was so much more simple haha. Anyway, We miss you guys, I will have to call you one of these days to see how you are doing in your last month of being preggo. I cant wait to see his cute face!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

The pics look great Lee. Isn't it amazing to have a nice camera, it really changes everything. It was so fun to see you guys. I hope Carson gets feeling better. Hopefully this means he won't be sick when baby comes. I swear the older child is always sick when a baby comes! Ami's been doing better so I haven't taken her in. Still coughing a lot but the nights are getting better. Hang in there, just one month-ish left! I've been brainstorming names for you...

annieq84 said...

Yeah fancy camera! And just in time for the new little boy! I can only imagine how much Carson is going to want to get at that camera. Don't let him anywhere near a toilet with it! Wish we could see you at Christmas but I know you'll be doing something WAY more important (and exciting).