Saturday, August 7, 2010

Little boys and toilets

We have had a clogged toilet for almost a week now. I tried all I knew to do, basically plunging it, and it wouldn't flush. It wasn't clogged for yucky reasons, luckily, that would have gotten very stinky. What it was was I had seen Carson flushing paper (printing paper) down and thought that is what it must have been. Steve didn't understand why it was so bad to only have 2 toilets instead of 3, but with much persistence from me we proceeded to conquer the problem during nap time. It didn't take long for Steve to figure out that there was something stuck in the hole. Anyway, after a lot of maneuvering and using screwdrivers to dislodge it we got it! It was the top to a hairspray can. It fit PERFECTLY in the hole, I mean when I first felt down there I thought it was a part of the toilet design. I guess it was too much of a temptation for Carson. We try to keep bathroom doors shut all the time, but after that I think we'll both try to be a little more diligent.

4 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Oh, man! Luckily Nate hasn't discovered the fun in flushing things . . . other than mounds of toilet paper. :)

kelleyplus said...

Ahhhh the days of pulling stuff out of the toilet. The hairspray lid is a new one though! What a brilliant child.

Amber Bonner said...

Dave had to take one of our toilets up to figure out why it wasn't flushing once- and found a whole handful of old toothbrushes. Love kids.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

First off, that picture of Carson is very cute and even though you only got a few good ones, it's probably worth it. Secondly, I completely agree on the prop. 8 issue even though it was totally predictable. Toilets are so gross and I'm sorry you guys had to get down and dirty with the thing. Carson, was a rascal. Can't wait to see you guys soon!