Saturday, August 7, 2010

Come on California!

Prop. 8 was overturned a few days ago. I don't even want to touch on my views for or against prop 8 (same sex marriage)- I don't feel like that is the point right now. What I am frustrated and angry about is why do we have a democracy and have the right to vote if it doesn't matter at all? Same sex marriage was voted against in 2000  and again in 2008 and yet it has been overturned once again. Why ask the people what they want if it doesn't matter? I feel like a small child and my parents are just humoring me, making me feel like I'm a big kid, when clearly they don't think I am old enough to make my own decisions. It's just ridiculous. How long is this cycle going to go on for? Sorry for my political rant, I'm annoyed. Does this bother anyone else?

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Ry and I were just talking about this yesterday. VERY frustrated for the same reason!

kelleyplus said...

"We the people" is now us the judges!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You have a good point - totally agree.