Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nursery at last!



Today was Carson's first official day of nursery at church. I feel like a baby's biggest milestones are: first time eating solids, first time walking, first word, and nursery! For the past few months we've taken him in to keep him entertained in church and to help him get comfortable. All and all he did pretty good today. At one point he stuck his finger down his throat (he is loving his gag reflex lately) and threw-up a little, but was fine. During lesson time he wouldn't sit and listen (no surprise there) so the nursery leader took him into the hall and he saw me in Young Womens and burst into tears. I took him back and luckily it was snack time, perfect timing and he was happy the rest of the hour. I haven't been to Sunday school in at least a year and finally got to go today. Life is good.

Doesn't he look like such a big kid? (P.S. I swear he does smile-he just doesn't like to give me the satisfaction of taking a decent picture...)

9 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Seriously . . . that was one of the best days of being a mom! :)

ENJOY.

Rice Family said...

Even though I was there when you took that picture of Carson and the thomas boy, I still laughed so hard looking at it again. That picture is priceless. I must admit it was wonderful to have you in sunday school and get to chat with you :) YIPPY for nursery!

Amanda said...

oh my goodness please tell me where you got his little tie and if they come in adam's size?

Laura Horne said...

Congratulations! We were just talking about how much more effective human beings we are when the kids are in nursery (as opposed to attached to our sides). Enjoy it!

Our Carlson Family said...

I told Steve this already, but the belt! Seriously so stinkin' cute. It's the little things like that that make them look so grown-up.

Scott McMillan said...

First day of nursery is better than my birthday filled with the best gifts in my opinion. He is such a cute little guy.

kelleyplus said...

Yea! Ya gotta love those nursery leaders. I totally understand the joy.

Robin said...

He is so cute! Looks like such a little man!

Leesee said...

I can't believe how big he's getting! I love his little tie! He's so cute!