Sunday, May 2, 2010

Back from Paradise...


Last week we were able to spend 7 glorious days (Carson-less) in Maui. We've had this trip planned for about a year and I couldn't believe that it was finally here. Our friends Terri and Brandon Ricks were able to come with us, which made it even more fun. Our plan was to drive up to Washington to drop Carson off with Steve's parents, then fly out of Seattle. Steve's parents were in Russia the week before and ended up being stuck there for an extra week because of the volcano in Iceland. Thankfully, Steve's saint of a sister Janel offered to watch him. THANK YOU AGAIN. It ended up that Janel had him for 1/2 the time and Steve's parents had them for the second 1/2. Carson did very well. He didn't seem to mind too much that we were gone. I felt horrible the whole flight to Hawaii for leaving him, but once we got there I got over it pretty fast. =)

We have a timeshare and stayed at the Kihei location for the first time. It was very nice and we will defiantly be going back. We spend a lot of our time exploring various beaches, snorkeling with sea turtles, laying by the pool, taking a boat ride to snorkel at Molokini-the sunken crater, driving the road to Hana including the 7 Sacred Pools and having a run in with local marijuana farmers on the way, going to a luau, eating way too much, and getting tan. I was so relaxing to be there without our little guy, but we were ready for the trip to be over so we could see him again.

Aren't vacations the best? They give us something to look forward to. Now on to planning our next big adventure... There are more pictures from Terri's camera, but I haven't gotten them yet. I will be posting more Hawaii pictures this week sometime.

6 comments:

kelleyplus said...

It makes me so happy that you and Steve know how to PLAY!!! It looks divine.
Love you-

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Oh, man. I am JEALOUS. But so glad you had such a good time!

We stay in Wailea when we go . . . so not far from Kihei. It's a fun side of the island, for sure!

Amanda said...

so jealous! i love your bathing suit- hot mama! :) now start planning your trip to florida, you can bring carson this time. :)

Jackie said...

How fun Leah! Looks like a great trip! Vacations are the best!

Thanks for your comments too - I will be racking your brain about all things little boy soon!

annieq84 said...

Great bathing suit Lee! You do it justice! I'm glad you were able to have a fun time. And I'm impressed you handled leaving Carson so well. Great Job!

The Winsteads said...

Good old Hawaii. I think your blog design could be the best I've seen yet. Keep it forever! I bet your sad to be back in California :(