Monday, January 25, 2010

My cousin in Haiti


My cousin Billy is in Haiti offering medical services and found a little girl to adopt. He was on the front page of Deseret News this morning. See this link deseret news for the article and a video. Such a miracle! (Just a clarification the article/video make it seem like he was down there shopping for a kid. That isn't the case. Yes, they were trying to adopt back home in Texas, but he was down there to offer medical services first and foremost.  Things just fell into place that he found this little girl. Also, she didn't lose her parents in the earthquake, she's been in the orphanage since she was 3 months old.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

No way! That's too cool, did he know he would be adopting when he went? I would love to read the article, where's the link?

Nate and Nicole said...

Wow, that's great for Bill & Amy. You don't have contact info. for them, do you? Suzy Andruk gave me their email address (I think it was a joint one) at some point, but I misplaced it. I'd love to say hi. If you do have it, will you email it to me?

Thanks!

Nicole

Aleena said...

Very cool! What a lucky little girl.

Laurel said...

that's amazing...we'll have to chat because i want more details!

Jeremy and Jennifer said...

What a great story!! I'm so happy for them. How is everything??

andrea said...

She is beautiful! I have been thinking a lot about adoption lately....so that really gets me :) How exciting for their family!

kat said...

she is so cute! That's such a great story.

mom of six, nana of five said...

Has he been able to bring her home?

3D BROWS ACADEMY said...

have they brought her home yet? Do they have a blog?