Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Craft Table



With part of my Christmas money this year I decided that I wanted to create a craft table for me and only me. It is so nice to have an area in the house that is all mine! I ended up finding the table at Goodwill and only had to make a few modifications. I added some hardware to the drawers and staple-gunned fabric and ribbon on the back of the hutch section to create a photo display area/holder. I bought the ribbon holder on the wall and the 12x12 paper organizer under the desk at a craft store, along with the magnetic containers on the wall. I used a tutorial I found on homemadebyjill.blogspot.com on how to re-upholster a desk chair  and I think it adds a little pazazz. Anyway, I like the finshed product. Why does organizing all your stuff feel so good? I'll let you know if I end up crafting more now. At least everything has it's place regardless!

12 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I love that you are so resourceful and it always turns out so cute! I love that craft desk . . . you'll love having it all organized. I finally gave myself a room at our house and it's the BEST!

Laura Horne said...

That is an awesome space! Nice work.

The Skeehan Family said...

one word - show off. wait, that's two.

seriously, you're amazing.

Kelly said...

Looks great! Did you have to paint the desk?? Love the desk chair, your so crafty!!:o)

annieq84 said...

wow Lee! That turned out great! Wish you could come to my house and offer suggestions!

Jackie said...

Looks great Leah!! Very crafty and creative of you!

Our Carlson Family said...

Wow, Leah, you are so crafty! I love doing stuff like that and even more looking at the finished product!

Aleena said...

Very cute and organized craft space! I am impressed!

kelleyplus said...

WOW!!! Fabuloso Leah!!! I especially like the chair. So cute with the little polka dots. And the ribbon holder is the very best idea anyone could have. Clever little Leah. So proud!

Jana said...

I love it! You are so creative!

Laurel said...

How are you so amazing! Honestly! kinda makes me sick. j/k I'm just jealous that you come up with such great ideas that always seem to turn out! You're in inspiration. Yet another reason Ryan needs to find a practice near you guys.

Amanda P said...

Wow, Leah, pazzazz is right! You never cease to amaze me. And how am I so on the other end of crafty! Seriously, so cute.