Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Koreans...You've gotta love them!

My sister Laura is on a mission in Korea. This is an excerpt from her latest letter. I thought it was hilarious and wanted to share it. 

SO one of my favorite Korean moments this week had to be when this member and his wife were giving us a ride home.  First let me explain the parking situation here.  There is like no parking.  So people have come up with many clever ways to make more space.  For example everyone has their phone number on their car so that you can block anyone in and then when you need out, you can just call the person and tell them to more.  The best is that in lots people will put their cars in neutral when they are parallel-parked so that you can push the cars really close together for more space.  I didn't know about the whole put your car in neutral thing so I thought it was hilarious when the member who was giving us the ride doesn't want to loose his parking spot so he gets out and pushes the two cars on either side closer so that it will be less tempting for people to park there.  So funny.

2 comments:

Our Carlson Family said...

Asians (sorry to generalize) are the best, aren't they?! I find their everyday whatevers so fascinating!

andrea said...

That was my favorite part :)