Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gardening

For some reason lately Carson has been obsessed with planting a garden. When he gets an idea it is exhasting because it is all he focuses on. We already had a lime tree, blueberry plant and strawberries but that would not cut it apparently. We added tomatoes, pumpkins and sunflowers to our flowerbed (the three that are not pictured) and I decided to plant the rest in a Rubbermaid container.

We have horrible soil (very clay-like) and things don't grow great in it. We've had the best luck in planters, so I tried this...



There are carrots, cantaloupe  watermelon  bell pepper and a zucchini  I know that is way too many plants for a small area, but it got him off my back for now. We had to do the carrots and watermelon from seeds so those will take a little longer. The first carrot sprouted today. =) I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool! Looks like you've got some great soil in that bin! I'll bet he would get a kick out of those upside down tomato growing planters. Can't wait to see what grows!

kelleyplus said...

You have the patience of Job!!!