Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Luke 1 1/2 Year Update


A year and half old, I can’t believe it! Luke had his first Sunday in nursery last week and did great. He loved it, which we are thrilled aboutr. It took Carson months of screaming before he decided he liked it. Luke will also go to Kids Club at the gym. Thanks buddy! Luke is such a cuddlier. When you are holding him he loves to lay his little head down on your shoulder. I love it. He doesn’t have much hair up top, but has a little on the back. He likes to hold the back of his hair like a ponytail. Hopefully that one won’t last too long, but Carson holds his hair so maybe it’s just a Bonner-boy thing. 

Not much of a talker still. He says “Mom, Daddy, NO, doggy, bye-bye, and shoes“. I think once all our summer trips and activities are over I am going to have him tested for speech. Because of Carson’s speech delay there is a greater likely hood that Luke could have one too. Let’s hope he’ll start talking more soon! He is still taking two naps a day. Most 18 month olds are taking one long one, but he doesn't want to give up his morning nap yet. Hopefully it will be soon, because one long afternoon nap is a lot easier to schedule around then two shorter naps. 

Lukey is such an easy-going little toddler. He is very happy and loves to smile and wave at anyone (and anything.) He is a wanderer. He will take-off outside or in a store and never look back. We have to watch him like a hawk! He likes to copy whatever big brother does and thinks he can do all the big boy things that Carson can do. Luckily Luke was blessed with a little more common sense and doesn’t try as many death-defying things as Carson did at this stage. He loves the water and swimming. No fear I tell you.

Luke is an instigator. He likes playing the victim and getting others in trouble I’m afraid. My friend and I trade off for playgroups each week and she has a two-year-old daughter. Luke and Allie don’t get along very well. Luke will go up to her and touch her arm or poke her and she’ll freakout and push him and he will BURST (imagine being stabbed crying) into tears.  It’s all an act and he loves getting her riled up and loves being babied. Rascal!

Both my boys and baby and pet hungry. Luke LOVES animals, especially dogs. HE has no fear of dogs, which can be kind of scary. He loves playing ball with them. Speaking of balls this boy loves them! Carson wasn’t much into throwing and catching balls, but Luke can’t get enough. He loves throwing balls into the basket.

I love this boy. He is a joy and at such a fun stage. I’m a lucky Mama. 

1 comment:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

I cannot believe how big Luke looks! Like it happened overnight or something! I love the update on the boys. I need to do that more for my kids, I always forget the funny details. Those boys sound like they have a blast together. Carson sounds just like Ollie, obsessed with karate, wrestling, superheroes. Funny boys. Can't wait to we get to see you guys in Hawaii, it will be so fun!!!